Munching on watermelon from our last bag, I opened today’s delivery. What mysterious items does this week hold? I really forgot to look at the list so I had no idea.
I see some green tomatoes in there! But that’s all I could tell until I opened it. Once I did, this is how I felt about all my options…
Yeah, he’s a little special. Anyway…here the list of colorful items in the farm bag:
- Vidalia Onions
- Acorn Squash (This is the second one in recent history, so I guess I’m going to actually have to figure out what to do with them.)
- Banana Peppers (These did not come pre-sliced. I’ve never seen banana peppers not in a can/bottle and pre-cut. This is weird.)
- Green Tomatoes (More fried green tomato goodness on the way! Probably.)
- SC Peaches (So deliciously sweet and tart.)
- Shelled White Acre Peas (Love these things! They’re about as close to eating lima beans as I can get Zeus to do.)
- Zucchini (One of these is the biggest piece of zucchini I have ever seen.)
- The French Pantry’s Sourdough
I don’t have any immediate plans for cooking with any of these things; I’m just happy my fridge is full of fruits and vegetables again. It was getting scarce in there. But I’ll let you guys know what I come up with. Feel free to offer suggestions!
As always, if you want to know more about Local Fare, visit their website!