So March was busy, and then it was gone, without us making anything new. But because I made two things in February, we’re still on track.
Zeus has been telling me for months that we should make stroganoff. We added it to the list, but never made it. After finally making it, I ask myself why very angrily. It was so delicious – the epitome of comfort food. And this recipe was all in one pot, so it wasn’t even hard.
One-Pot Beef Stroganoff
We used bison meat, again (less fat, so I don’t feel so bad about eating my weight in stroganoff later). And probably 4 cloves of garlic instead of 2, per usual. Otherwise, everything was the same.
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 cups of mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of onions
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (or 4, more is always better with garlic)
- 1 lb. of ground beef
- 2 tsp. of paprika
- 4 cups of beef stock
- 8 oz. of egg noodles
- 1/2 cup of sour cream (edit: make it 1 cup so it thickens up a bit more)
- 1 tbsp. of cornstarch slurry
- Parsley for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- In a large pot, heat olive oil. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the onions and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add the ground beef (bison) and cook until brown.
- Stir in the paprika.
- Add beef stock and egg noodles. Give it a stir and cover.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Lower the heat, add the sour cream and cornstarch slurry. Stir until thickened.
- Garnish with parsley. Enjoy!
This was probably one of our favorite #Robertsmealofthemonth. The only recommendation I have for making it better would be to double the sour cream, or let it simmer for a bit longer. Zeus was getting impatient so we cut it off right at the 15-minute mark, but it was still kind of soupy, whereas stroganoff should be thicker. We also added red pepper flakes for some spice. Will definitely be making this again!